Re: Dual homing, BGP4 questions--I need help

  • From: P Cuddy
  • Date: Mon Jul 21 20:51:40 1997

If you plan on using firewalls, and you probably do, then you may need
symmetric routing. Not so hard with multiple network addresses.  For
dynamic failover you'll be stuck with AS path padding (do you have your
own AS#?) which hasn't been too effective for us (like pushing on a
string.)

I'm charged with the task of finding out about dual homing and BGP4. We