Re: DC fiber cut: field report

  • From: Paul Trotter
  • Date: Fri Jul 18 08:45:33 1997

Shoot one of the fibers with a TDR.  This will tell you how far away the
break is.  The carrier generally has maps of the route and they can pin
point the location within a close enough tolerence to find the break.
We had a break in the street in Manhatten and we told the carrier how
far it was and it only took the a few minutes to locate it.

Paul

--

 Paul Trotter                   299 Park Avenue