Re: BOOM! there goes WorldCom

  • From: Neil J. McRae
  • Date: Fri Jul 18 05:09:36 1997

On Thu, 17 Jul 1997 16:54:52 -0500
 Brian Koehl <[email protected]> wrote:

> floods are also big problems in rr-ror.  The only real protection you
> have is ringed SONET, however, even in that arrangment some carriers do
> not have the ability to reroute everything, just the priority stuff.  So
> they'll still have outages.  It's all a matter of capacity and what
> electronics they use.

I take it that would be Telcos who have a mix of SONET and other stuff?
We can reroute anything here at COLT, but we have a pure SDH based network.

Regards,
Neil.
--
Neil J. McRae. Alive and Kicking.       Domino: In the glow of the night.
[email protected]        NetBSD/sparc: 100% SpF (Solaris protection Factor)