Re: DC fiber cut: field report

  • From: Subodh Nijsure
  • Date: Thu Jul 17 23:56:21 1997

 [ Apologies in advance, this doesn't contribute to official Nanog business,
   please direct flame directly to me. ]

> After a hot tip on the location of the fiber cut, and with Map Quest in
> hand, we went to search out the location of todays 500+ DS3 DC fiber cut.
>
> We were looking for a bunch of white vans and pick-ups with guys in hard
> hats and orange vests along the train tracks in Northern Laurel, MD - our
> search was fruitfull and within 10 minutes of locating the tracks we
> had found the scene of the cut. It is located off the Baltimore
> Washington Parkway at the Route 32 exit about 1/2 mile from the NSA
> (hmm) along CWX railroad tracks.

Does anyone know (in general terms) how the actual spot/vicinity of a fiber
cut like this is located? Or its generally the construction crew calling
the boss and saying, shit, look what we found?

Would appriciate any info.

Thanks.

/Subodh Nijsure ([email protected])