Re: NSI bulletin 097-004 | Root Server Problems

  • From: Jay R. Ashworth
  • Date: Thu Jul 17 18:13:49 1997

On Thu, Jul 17, 1997 at 01:11:00PM -0800, Randy Bush wrote:
> Gosh, Perry.  I wish I could be as important when I grow up.

You know, in light of the fact that I got bitched at a couple weeks ago
for posting a message that was a) solicited, and b) informative
(although questionably on topic; an assertion no one has _yet_
substantiated), I have to say that I think this stream of messages
from Mr Bush are entirely uncalled for.

The fact is, Randy, Perry is _right_.  No amount of ad hominem attack
on his well written and thought out opinions is going to change that.

It's precisely this sort of thing that causes people like the NTIA to
decide we can't handle things "on our own".

The job is ours until we lose it, folks.  Let's grow up and play nice.

Cheers,
-- jra
--
Jay R. Ashworth                                                [email protected]
The Suncoast Freenet      "People propose, science studies, technology