RE: BOOM! there goes WorldCom

  • From: Golan Ben-Oni
  • Date: Thu Jul 17 09:30:18 1997

Speaking of Worldcom, we just lost a handful of other circuits just now,
As of 8:51 Eastern, including two T3s, and some T1s in the NYC area.
WorldCom claims they have over 100 DS3s involved in this outage.

On Thu, 17 Jul 1997, Todd Wilkens wrote:

> When Worldcom does change the DLR, you get an automated fax notification
> that states they are performing "maintenance" or a "groom" on your ckt.
> This means there is a high probablity they are changing the design of your
> ckt and your diversity may not exist after the groom.  You should probably
> respond to the fax and find out exactly what they are doing.
>
> You can also have your sales rep mark you order in the Wcom database as
> "diversely routed".  You also need to specify the ckt you want to be
> diversely routed from.  This should stop you ckt from being added to any
> groom packages that are being put together.  If your ckt is not marked
> diverse, grooms can occur frequently.

 ---
  ______
  \____/  IDT Corporation               E-mail:     [email protected]
   \__/    Golan Ben-Oni                 Phone:       +1 201 928 4357
    \/  Sr. Network Architect            Pager:   800 225 0256 x 603 0166