RE: BOOM! there goes WorldCom

  • From: Todd Wilkens
  • Date: Thu Jul 17 08:47:34 1997

When Worldcom does change the DLR, you get an automated fax notification
that states they are performing "maintenance" or a "groom" on your ckt.
This means there is a high probablity they are changing the design of your
ckt and your diversity may not exist after the groom.  You should probably
respond to the fax and find out exactly what they are doing.

You can also have your sales rep mark you order in the Wcom database as
"diversely routed".  You also need to specify the ckt you want to be
diversely routed from.  This should stop you ckt from being added to any
groom packages that are being put together.  If your ckt is not marked
diverse, grooms can occur frequently.