Re: Microsoft Registered Domains

  • From: Robert A. Pickering Jr.
  • Date: Mon Jul 14 14:22:40 1997

Michael,

I agree, I should have RE-CHECKED the domains before I sent the
message to the list.  I've learned.

However, the facts still stand.  InterNIC registered the domains to
the Microsoft nameservers, without having to clear it.  That concerns
me.

What if I registered a domain against your nameservers and then
advertised it?  What would your nameservers do with the lame delegations?
I've had lame delegations really mess up my DNS servers.  They spend all
their time asking the top-level servers, who just point back to them.

-Rob

--
Robert A. Pickering Jr.                Internet Services Manager
Cincinnati Bell Telephone              [email protected]

           A Rough Whimper of Insanity (Information Superhighway)

PGP key ID: 75CAFF7D 1995/05/09
PGP Fingerprint: B1 63 0C 09 D8 2E 5D 69  BB 61 A2 92 22 37 63 C3