Re: weird BGP cisco-ism? [problem resolved]

  • From: Matthew Kaufman
  • Date: Fri Jul 11 18:04:04 1997

Original message <[email protected]>
From: Andrew Partan <[email protected]>
Date: Jul 11, 17:26
Subject: Re: weird BGP cisco-ism? [problem resolved]

> > provider, and we have "summary-only" set in our BGP configuration. Every
>
> Try it w/o the summary-only stuff.

Didn't help at all.

> I don't use summary-only, or aggregate-address, or network XXX at
> all.  I redis my connected & static routes into bgp and arrange
> for my global routes to make it beyond my AS.  I also use pull up
> static routes to null0 for all of my blocks.

I redistribute in a similar way, and have the statics to null0 as well.

Still insisted on flapping at least twice every time it got the brief
hit on the /24 subnet coming from the outside world.

At this point what needs to happen is for this to be recreated in
a lab somewhere and some config changes tried... I can't blow away
my customers one more time just to play with it.

Some day we'll have routers that can tell you what they're doing, right?

-matthew