Re: Unacceptable Delay

  • From: Jeffrey S. Curtis
  • Date: Fri Jul 11 12:36:36 1997

Rodney Joffe writes:
}It's interesting to note the delay in the NANOG mailer. I don't know if
}there's any manual operation involved, but according to the headers, Rob
}posted this at 7:43, it was received at 7:43 pdt by MERIT, and shipped
}out at 8:15 pdt.
}
}I guess we're lucky this isn't an operational list, where time might be
}important ;-)
}
}Can we improve this?

It depends where you are in the list.  Given the large number of
subscribers to this list, some will get the message earlier than
others.  For example, the message you're referring to which you
received at 8:15 pdt, was received by me at 7:54 pdt - just 11
minutes after it was sent.  I imagine people near the top of the
mailing list got their copies much closer to 7:43 pdt.

Jeff
--
Jeffrey S. Curtis                      | Internetwork Manager
Argonne National Laboratory            | Email: [email protected]