Re: UUNet 10Plus

  • From: Joe Shaw
  • Date: Thu Jul 10 12:57:17 1997

On Wed, 9 Jul 1997, Doug Davis wrote:

> We were one of the first 10Plus Customers as well. It was delivered to
> us via Half Duplex UTP off an ethernet card in the back of a 7513.  I
> believe they still do this if you share a building with one of their
> pops.  But you will have to ask them, good luck though, I'm still
> waiting for their news servers to quit kicking out "Too Many
> Connection" messages to us.

Same problem with us.  "Too many connections..."  UUNet sure is having
some horrible growing pains since being bought by MFS and then WorldCom,
and their inability to work with their customers makes me believe they
might not be a part of my network any longer.  I cannot honestly tell my
employer to buy a bigger pipe to UUNet with their past performance and the
attitude they've given us over the last 8 months.  We shall see...

Joe Shaw - [email protected]
NetAdmin - Insync Internet Services
Learn more, and you will never starve.