Re: Suspension of reissuing deleted domain names

  • From: Bruce Potter
  • Date: Thu Jul 10 03:42:12 1997

On 09-Jul-97 Jon Lewis wrote:
>What can be down about domainbrokers.com?  Have a look at the files at

>Companies like this that piss in the domain name registration pool should
>be banned from registering domains.

How about dealing with the situation in the same manner that some have been
dealing with spammers?  The offending registers should be cut off by their
network providers. If NSI states that whoever.com is flooding them with
registrations, and whoever.com is one of your customers, confront them.  If they
don't yeild, cut off their service.

Abuse of the registrar on this magnitude could be considered a denial of service
attack, or more likely, going against the self governing, self regulating ideas
that the internet runs on.  Regardless of your feelings about how NSI is running
their service, this kind of behavior is not acceptable.

Bruce Potter                    Internet Alaska, Inc.
[email protected]                Grateful Admin
InterNIC Handle: BGP4  ;-)
PGP Public Key: http://www.alaska.net/~gdead/gdead.asc
Key ID:   1024/F12AC0B1
Note: these views are mine, and don't reflect the views of my employer.