Re: Anti-trust Investigation of Network Solutions (fwd)

  • From: Gordon Cook
  • Date: Mon Jul 07 12:15:10 1997

>From someone I know who is in a mamangement position with NSI I just
received the following:

Gordon,

take a look at the S-1 document at:

        ftp://www.sec.gov/edgar/data/1030341/0000950133-97-002418.txt

and you'll see that the risks are very clearly stated.  The
document Carl quotes is not from the S-1.

Cook: this person sent this to me privately rather than to the list.  As
far as i can tell high level NSI management has instituted a prohibition
on lower level NSI management from posting to these lists.  Now if they
did a good job of doing it themselves, this might be ok.  But point of
fact is they  don't do it, and when they do it is too late, too little and
too defensive.  Witness the fiasco during the just concluded weekend on
the updates of the root nameservers and david holtzmans belated reply.

At the very top it is my opinion that NSI is being run by the old line
corporate control types who don't have a clue about the internet or the
standards of communication expected from an internet company.  Its  a
DAMNED shame because NSI is not a think an evil company.  However by its
general lack of communication....too little to late, it is cutting its
throat with the net community.

If it continues to operate this way it will only make its current problems
worse.  And no Chris Clough has not been an acceptable effective
communicator for NSI.  Would any NSI person recieving this response do me
the favor of forwarding it to Don Telage and Gabe Batista?

I should not need to be the relay for the url above.

The COOK Report on Internet               For subsc. pricing & more than
431 Greenway Ave, Ewing, NJ 08618 USA     ten megabytes of free material
(609) 882-2572 (phone & fax)              visit   http://cookreport.com/
Internet: [email protected]             On line speech of critics under
attack by Ewing NJ School Board, go to http://cookreport.com/sboard.shtml