Re: Flawed logic?

  • From: Larry Vaden
  • Date: Sun Jul 06 16:46:44 1997
  • Posted-date: Sun, 6 Jul 1997 15:36:08 -0500 (CDT)

At 09:58 AM 7/6/97 -0400, Paul Ferguson wrote:

>The 'free lunch' syndrome is one in which, historically, the service
>providers in the default-free zone willingly propagated all routing
>announcements announced to them without hesitation. Now they have
>drawn policy lines where this is not the case, and in some instances,
>will no longer entertain peering relationships without economic
>incentive. The syndrome is one in which those who are directly or
>indirectly affected complain bitterly that they feel they are being
>unfairly discriminated against and that such activities are restraining
>their ability to run a business.

Paul seems to be saying there is the possibility of a market solution to
"the routers will fall over" problem.

If you are in a position or know some one who is in a position to discuss
this issue further, please email me privately at [email protected]

Thank you,

Larry Vaden, founder and CEO
Internet Texoma, Inc.