Re: genieweb.com answering for COM

  • From: Suzanne Woolf
  • Date: Thu Jul 03 13:36:08 1997

> com.    304     SOA     genieweb.com. root.genieweb.com. (
>                         11      ; serial
>                         10800   ; refresh (3 hours)
>                         3600    ; retry (1 hour)
>                         604800  ; expire (7 days)
>
> This was cached on one our name servers.  Sure enough, dig any com
> @genieweb.com shows:

A customer of one of our downstreams seems to be responsible for this.

His site is off the net until his DNS can be fixed.

Operational question: is there anything you all would tell your
customers about something like this besides "read DNS AND BIND and
don't misplace the clue next time?"

Suzanne Woolf
Los Nettos