Re: Another UUNET Explanation

  • From: Ben Black
  • Date: Tue Jul 01 20:34:06 1997

well, where to begin.

UUNet obviously *does* have a routed IP network...that's sort of what
being an NSP is about.

they own their own frame relay infrastructure (big cascade switches, for
instance) over which they have complete control.  they are acting as a
frame relay *provider* rather than a frame relay *customer* as you are.

as for precise technical reasons about why certain decisions were made by
UUNet, i defer to one of their engineers.