RE: WAN/LAN delay simulation

  • From: Dan Dale
  • Date: Mon Jun 30 23:56:05 1997

Pete,
 Hope this link helps.

http://www.nlanr.net/Caidants/meastools.html#ism

Dan Dale - Sr. System Engineer
Exodus Communications Inc -- Seattle

-----Original Message-----
From:	Peter E. Giza [SMTP:[email protected]]
Sent:	Monday, June 30, 1997 4:04 PM
To:	[email protected]
Subject:	WAN/LAN delay simulation

netheads,

Sorry to change the current thread, but does anyone know of a piece
of freeware that will simulate delays across a WAN/LAN connection?
Basically something that would allow a dual-homed workstation act
as a router that one can program to do nasty things to packets.  I
am not looking for random packet generation, rather I want to test
the effects of http traffic and the like over a slow and dirty link
(no I don't have a link to one of the Boardwatch worst list #%^>).
TIA

-pete