Re: Keynote/Boardwatch Internet Backbone Index A better te

  • From: J.D. Falk
  • Date: Sun Jun 29 17:34:07 1997

On Jun 27, Jack Rickard <[email protected]> wrote:

> I probably don't agree that it is not a reliable way to draw conclusions
> about backbone performance.  The index has drawn criticism because it
> points up winners and losers and that's about it.  There is no way to do
> this without criticism, and indeed it should be part of the process.

	If you had actually read some of the responses without having
	made up your mind beforehand (which, as I recall from when I
	was a journalism student, is a sure sign that your pretenses
	of objectivity are lost), you might notice that both "winners"
	and "losers" are pointing out the SAME flaws in the study.

	Please go re-read the archives with a more open mind.

J.D. Falk                                        voice: +1-415-482-2840
Supervisor, Network Operations                     fax: +1-415-482-2844
PRIORI NETWORKS, INC.                             http://www.priori.net
           "The People You Know.  The People You Trust."