Re: Keynote/Boardwatch Internet Backbone Index A better test!!!

  • From: Jack Rickard
  • Date: Fri Jun 27 21:10:58 1997

Randy:

I'm with you to a point.  But NONE of the measurements were taken from
Jack's house.  None were taken from Boardwatch's office.  And in fact, the
measurements were taken from 27 different geographic locations.  I think
that is a somewhat critical element here.  We failed to come up with a
methodology that could be performed from "Jack's House" without primarily
measuring "Jack's connectivity" more than anything else.  Obviously, that
is what I would have liked.  Never could come up with an idea on how to do
that effectively.

Inverse technology appears to be in the business of selling $50,000
marketing reports to order for anyone with $50,000.00.  How would that be
apt?

Finally, I'm amazed at how "trivial it is to point out useless and devoid
of meaning this is", when you haven't seen the results yet.  It might be
even EASIER once you've READ them.

Jack Rickard

----------
> From: Randy Bush <[email protected]>
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: Re: Keynote/Boardwatch Internet Backbone Index  A better test!!!
> Date: Friday, June 27, 1997 3:00 PM
>
> I want to measure the response of each ISP's marketing department.  So I
> will send a certified letter to their office of record in Deleware, and
> report how long before I get the receipt back.  Maybe I well do this for
30
> letters to get better data.
>
> So, we now have an interesting report of the accessibility of various
ISPs'

http://www.inversenet.com/about/backgrounder.html#2