Re: Keynote/Boardwatch Internet Backbone Index A better test!!!

  • From: Randy Bush
  • Date: Fri Jun 27 18:12:33 1997

I want to measure the response of each ISP's marketing department.  So I
will send a certified letter to their office of record in Deleware, and
report how long before I get the receipt back.  Maybe I well do this for 30
letters to get better data.

So, we now have an interesting report of the accessibility of various ISPs'
web servers from Jack's house.  While it is trivial to point out how useless
and devoid of meaning this is, what is a wee bit harder is to describe what
would be a useful measure to Jack's audience and how that might be obtained.

Ben Black's pointing out http://www.inversenet.com/about/backgrounder.html#2
may be *very* apt, and somewhat ingenious, considering Jack's audience.

Are there other good ideas or examples?

randy