RE: Keynote/Boardwatch Internet Backbone Index A better test!!!

  • From: Wheeler, Jesse W
  • Date: Fri Jun 27 17:51:10 1997

So are we all going to all resort to name calling now to get our points
across?
Every time you deal with a dynamic object such as the Internet, where
conditions
can change on a minute by minute basis, benchmark results are close to
useless.

The only thing that benchmarks on a dynamic object can do is give you a
rough
estimate of the actual throughput..  The variables to be tested in
something massive
as the Internet and too numerous to count..

SO, lets get on with it :)

Jesse W. Wheeler
Quality Assurance Analyst

Reynolds & Reynolds