Re: Keynote/Boardwatch Internet Backbone Index A better test!!!

  • From: Craig A. Huegen
  • Date: Fri Jun 27 16:35:21 1997

On Fri, 27 Jun 1997, Jack Rickard wrote:

==>Not an entirely whacky concept actually.  The way hot potato routing works,
==>this could actually be a "purer" test I suspect of the network internally
==>and a purer test of connectivity of any network to all others cum Internet.

The article says that you're measuring backbone provider performance, yet
you're including:

* carrier's web server location
* carrier's web server performance

==>Keynote does a "Top 40" study of 40 popular web sites and I believe they
==>make the results available on their web site.  It is interesting to observe
==>performance variations of the network as a whole over time.  Other than
==>that, we don't have much interest in it.  It is indicative of no specific
==>network, but of the Internet in general.

/cah