RE: Keynote/Boardwatch Internet Backbone Index A better test!!!

  • From: Gene Shklar
  • Date: Fri Jun 27 15:37:31 1997

Thanks for the suggestions. We're considering doing a follow-up and perhaps making
this a regular feature every 2 or 4 months thereafter. We've received a few suggestions
for methodology changes/enhancements, and also several emails so far denouncing our
methodology but not explaining why (which is typical of people in many areas -- politics,
the environment, economics, whatever -- who disagree emotionally but not intellectually
with the conclusions of a study).

The current methodology generally shows how a web site connected to a particular
backbone appears to the general internet population of users. The results are intended
to be a guide (but not the only one) for helping web sites select or evaluate a collocation,
hosting, or access provider.

Your methodology suggestion would be useful to include because its results would also help
end-users select their dial-up ISPs based on the backbone that those ISPs are connected
to.

Gene Shklar
Gene Shklar			[email protected]
Keynote Systems, Inc.		voice	(415) 524-3011
Two West Fifth Avenue		fax	(415) 524-3099
San Mateo, CA 94402		main #  (415) 524-3000
http://www.keynote.com

"A great Internet application experience is all a matter
of customer perspective."