RE: Internet Backbone Index

  • From: Chris A. Icide
  • Date: Fri Jun 27 12:27:08 1997

Considering the fact that our web site has not been a large factor in
our marketing direction, and the site has received less that 1000
"hits" per week on average, it was and currently is (IMHO) a perfect
choice for our application.  However, in the last couple of weeks,
it's been "bumped" to a 133MHz Pentium with *gasp* a fast
ethernet card (as a result of a power supply fan failure in the
previous box).

Perhaps it was my fault, but I never imagined anyone claiming to
have any knowledge whatsoever would attempt to perform a test
of "backbone" providers performance based upon said vendors
web server(s).  I guess they call that "naive".

Chris A. Icide