Network IP analysis?

  • From: Bruce Potter
  • Date: Wed Jun 25 01:11:47 1997

Howdy,
Does anyone know of any good IP monitoring tools that can log/monitor the
TYPES of IP traffic going across your netowork (ie: one that logs tcp/udp and
esp port numbers/types of traffic)?  Something that could query a router
would be nice, although I am unaware of any routers that support such a feature.
Even something that you could put on a box on the same ethernet subnet would
do the job.  I'm curious as to the types of traffic our customers are pushing
as I am attempting to better analyze our usage.

Thanks.

Bruce Potter                    Internet Alaska, Inc.
[email protected]                Grateful Admin
InterNIC Handle: BGP4  ;-)
PGP Public Key: http://www.alaska.net/~gdead/gdead.asc
Key ID:   1024/F12AC0B1