Re: cache parms

  • From: andrew khoo
  • Date: Mon Jun 16 01:21:20 1997

On Sun, 15 Jun 1997, Randy Bush wrote:

> Is anyone aware of *specific* cache sites which forcefully ignore page
> expiration in a way which would throw off content providers' hit counting?
> If so, I would like to talk with the cache admin to understand a few things.

i have a modified squid that *specifically* strips out expire pragmas and
continue serving pages that are cached but used to be marked with an
expire.

you can also apply the same rules with dynamic content (eg .asp documents)
by stripping the "header" and/or "footer" that is customized and just
feeding the cached "body" with a newly formed "header"/"footer".

---
andrew khoo
gsm: +61-416-161-234

sushi-eating Good Guy