Re: NSP ... New Information

  • From: Michael Shields
  • Date: Wed Jun 11 22:52:44 1997

> Michael Shields writes ...
>
> > If you have to filter someone, better to filter the small guys.
> > You'll get fewer complaints than if you applied filters evenly.
>
> So the complaint levels from the small guys are low enough that no one
> needs to worry about?  OK, then let them complain all they want.

That's not what I meant.  I meant that if you have to filter someone,
*your customers* will complain less if you filter one of my /18s than
if you filter MIT.  My network is less important to you.  You should
spend less of your routers' resources maintaining connectivity to me
and more maintaining connectivity to MIT.
--
Shields, CrossLink.