Re: usdns.org

  • From: Eric Kozowski
  • Date: Wed Jun 11 18:27:05 1997

>a peek at their web page indicates they are *not* related to ISI.  i am
>not aware of anything that would give them the right to charge for .us
>registration.  sounds like a big scam to me.
>
>On Wed, 11 Jun 1997, Eric Kozowski wrote:
>

>> I just received a fishy call from a guy a usdns.org.  Bottom line is they want
>> to bill for .US domain registrations and give us a kickback for the .US
>> subdomains that we host.

I just received an US domain template from usdns.org for a 3rd level domain
that we delegate for.  So, I called the listed contact and asked him if the
Name Consortium was charging him for the registration.  He said they were
charging him "something like $10".  I let him know it was really free (he
didn't know that) and pointed him to the ISI page.

Hey ISI/IANA, you might want to take a look at these characters.

--
Eric Kozowski              VP Internet Services
[email protected]        Structured Network Systems, Inc.