Re: usdns.org

  • From: DAVE NORDLUND
  • Date: Wed Jun 11 18:25:44 1997

> Date:          Wed, 11 Jun 1997 16:47:25 -0400 (EDT)
> From:          Ben Black <[email protected]>
> Subject:       Re: usdns.org
> To:            Eric Kozowski <[email protected]>
> Cc:            [email protected]

> a peek at their web page indicates they are *not* related to ISI.  i am
> not aware of anything that would give them the right to charge for .us
> registration.  sounds like a big scam to me.

Aw, come on!  There are a half dozen folk that have snarfed up cities in most
states that have no relationship with the state.  They charge the usual $50 per
year for registering a domain in your own city!!!  I an very unhappy that ISI
has allowed that to happen!

> On Wed, 11 Jun 1997, Eric Kozowski wrote:
>

> > I just received a fishy call from a guy a usdns.org.  Bottom line is they want
> > to bill for .US domain registrations and give us a kickback for the .US
> > subdomains that we host.
> >
> > What do any of you know about this group?
> >

> > --
> > Eric Kozowski              VP Internet Services
> > [email protected]        Structured Network Systems, Inc.
> > (800)390-5945 Support      A Verio Affiliate
> > (800)881-0962 Sales/Info   http://www.structured.net/
> > PGP Key fingerprint =  0A E4 91 B8 BD CB 3E 95  42 12 04 4E 14 DF 86 76
> > 'They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary
> > safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.' -- Benjamin Franklin 1759

Dave Nordlund               [email protected]
University of Kansas        913/864-0450
Computing Services          FAX 913/864-0485
Lawrence, KS  66045         KANREN