Re: unreachable

  • From: George Herbert
  • Date: Tue Jun 10 21:44:54 1997

Disclaimer: I don't work for CRL, I'm just an end user.
I am making this obvious now because...

>> > Can't seem to reach any of cyberpromo's nameservers.  Anybody know why?
>
>Just joined this list a few days ago so forgive me if I'm repeating past
>news here, but over on inet-access there has been much discussion regarding
>AGIS and CRL.  If CRL is your upstream, this is why, if not got me...
>
>Anyway, effective June 4th (according to AGIS), CRL is refusing to peer w/
>them at even CIX (where AGIS has to) until AGIS will peer with them
>everywhere they coexist.

>CRL on the other hand is blaming the outage
>between them and AGIS on a  bad router at the CIX exchange.

I should correct this.  I haven't seen any official announcement
from CRL on either of these; the information I can see in public
from either side is a few postings recently from AGIS (Friday-ish)
making the claim that CRL disconnected, and a forwarded posting
that I reposted Thursdayish regarding a similar outage May 23rd,
which was origionally sent by a CRL customer and included a
discussion with a CRL admin and AGIS personel which indicated
that AGIS was only peering with CRL at CIX and that AGIS' CIX
router had gone down, causing the May 23rd outage.

I do not want anyone interpreting my repost of an old trouble
item as CRL blaming AGIS; I certainly don't speak for CRL,
I haven't worked for CRL for years, and disclaimer anything of
note that I post.  I was clear that I was reposting an old
trouble report (if recent) and speculating that it had
happened again.

>As to which is
>true (if either) is a god question, but the fact remains that transit
>between CRL and AGIS isn't happening right now and hasn't been since late
>the 4th.

Apparently still true, for whatever the reason is.

-george william herbert
[email protected]
Speaking for nobody but myself.