Re: NSP ... New Information (really)

  • From: Larry Vaden
  • Date: Mon Jun 09 15:59:04 1997
  • Posted-date: Mon, 9 Jun 1997 14:36:29 -0500 (CDT)

At 11:39 AM 6/9/97 PDT, Yakov Rekhter wrote:
>Load on the routing system could be reduced if you would take a block
>of addresses from UUNET, and a block of addresses from ACSI, number
>some of your customers out of the UUNET block, some of your customers
>out of the ACSI block, and then use something along the lines of "auto
>injection" (see draft-bates-multihoming-00.txt) to handle fallback
>connectivity.
>
>Yakov.

Yakov, thanks.  I'll take your suggestion and ask Kim Hubbard if this meets
the "no favored connection" guidelines.

At 02:24 PM 6/9/97 CDT, Stan Barber wrote:
>ftp://ftp.sesqui.net/pub/internet-drafts/draft-bates-multihoming-00.txt.Z
>should get you a copy of this draft. SESQUINET maintains a mirror of
>all Internet Drafts.
>--
>Stan   | Academ Consulting Services        |internet: [email protected]
>Olan   | For more info on academ, see this |uucp: {mcsun|amdahl}!academ!sob
>Barber | URL- http://www.academ.com/academ |Opinions expressed are only mine.

Stan, thanks for the URL, as well as for the sesqui.net news feed also.

Regards,

Larry Vaden, founder and CEO               help-desk 903-813-4500
Internet Texoma, Inc. <http://www.texoma.net> direct 903-870-0365
bringing the real Internet to rural Texomaland   fax 903-868-8551
Member ISP/C, TISPA and USIPA                  pager 903-867-6571