Re: NSP ... New Information

  • From: Justin W. Newton
  • Date: Mon Jun 09 01:41:18 1997

Well,
	Let me first say that this discussion likely belongs on PAGAN, and not,
NANOG, so why don't we move it over there?  Secondly, its good to have you
back on the list Bill ;).

As a discussion starter, I believe that times have changed since RFC 2050
was written, and the document needs revision.

At 09:21 PM 6/8/97 -0700, Bill Manning wrote:

>I appreciate your interest and consideration.  Your pride in using the legal
>system to "enforce" your will leads me to caution. I suggest that your best
>bet is to review the archives of the various mailing lists regarding the
>discussions regarding address space delegations and the rational for
>the criteria now in place.  I will note that in general, the only consistant
>thing that remains consistant is change. Attempting to set legal precedence
>for a system that moves with as much rapidity as the Internet may be doomed.
>
>A much better tact is to consider the various players in the field as
partners
>and friends, not combatents and enemies.  I see a clear precident for sharing
>and cooperation in helping entities grow to their fullest potential, while
>not squandering precious resource.  If you really need it, it is available.
>Change the model and this may not be true anymore....
>
>--bill

Justin W. Newton
Senior Network Architect
Priori Networks				http://www.priori.net