Re: NSP ... New Information

  • From: Bradley Dunn
  • Date: Sun Jun 08 22:49:53 1997

On Sun, 8 Jun 1997, Bill Manning wrote:

> Thngs may have changed, can you describe to me what you consider
> a "fully routable and portable IP space" might look like and
> how such conditions might be enforced?

Hmmm...the InterNIC appears to have a definition for "fully routable".
Maybe we should ask them?

-=- BEGIN EXCERPT -=-
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 1997 11:04:14 -0400 (EDT)
From: Network Registration Role Account <[email protected]>

[...]

Sorry, Sprint isn't the only one with filters.  You don't
justify a /19.  Less than that would not be fully routable
                                            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ [emphasis added]
and we won't issue it.

[...]
-=- END EXCERPT -=-

pbd
--
You can make it illegal, but you can't make it unpopular.