router monitor/configuration tool

  • From: Brett D. Watson
  • Date: Sat Jun 07 00:39:15 1997

based on a recent email about bgp peer monitoring and others over the
last few months, we thought this would be a good time to release a tool
called rtrmon (router monitor) that we've been working on with vixie
enterprises.

please see:  www.vix.com/rtrmon

vixie enterprises provided the development expertise and based the design
on the needs of genuity initially. it's fairly generic and extensible.
currently it:

- monitors bgp sessions and reports failures
- monitors cpu usage and reports failures
- monitors ospf neighbors
- downloads, diffs, and archives cisco configs

it's all cisco oriented as that's our primary platform.  we'll start a
mailing list soon for discussion (next week) but in the short interrim
please send mail to myself or danny mcpherson ([email protected]) for
questions or problems.  we'll have this hosted on our own web site(s)
sometime next week as well.  enjoy.

-brett