Re: satellite connections

  • From: Stephen Sprunk
  • Date: Mon Jun 02 11:14:30 1997

Perhaps this is finally a case for those little TOS bits in an IP header?
Interactive stuff like Telnet traffic could go through a slow land line,
whereas bulk traffic could go via satellite.

I'm not sure how many TCP/IP stacks still set those bits; it may be
necessary to have a router manipulate the bits after examining the port
numbers of a connection.

FYI, Planet Connect (and others) has been offering Usenet feeds via 18"
dish for quite some time now.

Stephen