Re: Remote power management

  • From: Peter E. Giza
  • Date: Sat May 31 10:18:57 1997

Rodney Joffe wrote:

> Two months ago I asked for some suggestions for remote out-of-band
> capable power management equipment, capable of dealing with 20amp
> circuits etc.
>
> A number of people made suggestions, but even more asked me to let them
> know what the final analysis showed.
>
> Short answer: Server Technologies came out the best.
>
> If you'd like more details, feel free to email me.
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Rodney Joffe
> Genuity Inc., a Bechtel company
> http://www.genuity.net

We (adsmart.net) have been using Server Technologies R2000's since our
startup in March.  They handle 30A on 2 separate buses with a total of
8 switched circuits.  We also have the external switch modules which
handle 10A each, for a total of 70A.  There are also modules built
especially for the Cisco 7513.  I would like to see them come up with
a larger switch that took a couple of 30A hubbles with a larger number
if switch ports and maybe a 20A Hubble.  In short, you can telnet or
connect via RS232 to the box and control all of your products.  Ports
can be grouped, or individual and can be named something sane.  My $0.02

-pete

Peter E. Giza
Network Manager
ADSmart Corportation