Re: uDNS Root Name Servers Taking Shape - on a couple ISDN lines

  • From: Ron Kimball
  • Date: Fri May 30 14:18:49 1997

On Fri, 30 May 1997 10:46:07 -0700, Paul wrote:

>I've done two things in this reply that, if done by all who reply to
>a DNS-related thread, would save NANOG from being spammed by Fleming
>and his followers.  (Note that Fleming posts his irrelevant drivel to
>NANOG since he *knows* that everybody on NEWDOM has already heard it.)
>1. I added a "Reply-to: [email protected]", which Fleming's folks will
>   remove since they DESPERATELY NEED to have their words visible to
>   the NANOG audience, even knowing full well that NANOG does not
>   want to hear their floof.

Hmm...  Sounds like you are asking us to possibly honor someone's desire
that no-one should see our replies to their statements about us.  If I
was to post a message saying that Bind has an "undocumented feature" in
it such that if it receives a request for www.mickeyDs.com that all the
traffic lights in the country turn green at once and that Paul Vixie
purposely did this, you would honor my Reply-to:
[email protected] ?  I think not...  :-)

>2. I removed all individuals from the To: and Cc: headers, leaving
>   only the mailing lists.  This keeps people from getting two copies
>   of the reply, since they are clearly ON the mailing list.

I have always done this (unless I messed up :-), and find those who
don't as annoying as you do...

I will promise to never start (and have never have started) a thread
about uDNS on nanog .

Take care,
Ron Kimball for uDNS