RE: uDNS Root Name Servers Taking Shape - on a couple ISDN lines

  • From: Stephen Sprunk
  • Date: Fri May 30 11:13:57 1997

The majority (like the majority of non-NANOG members) support the IANA's
roots; at least one NANOG member runs an IANA root server.  The IANA roots
are located mainly in North America, with one server at the LINX in
Telehouse, London.

You, Karl, and various others have deployed your own servers, which have
largely been ignored by the other 99.5% of the general population.

NANOG as a whole can't be represented as having a single position on
anything; I'm surprised that you would think it could.

Stephen

--
Unsolicited commercial/propaganda email subject to legal action.  Under US
Code Title 47, Sec.227(a)(2)(B), Sec.227(b)(1)(C), and Sec.227(b)(3)(C), a