Re: Shutdown of lists on May 30th at 12:01 AM

  • From: Richard J. Sexton
  • Date: Thu May 29 19:06:30 1997

At 10:22 AM 5/29/97 -0700, Dave Crocker wrote:

>*  Having NSI take an antagonistic role is hardly noteworthy, given that
>they are desperately trying to preserve their windfall revenue stream.

So rather to than try to fix that or thaw out the $20 million dollar
"Internet Intellectual Infastructure Fund", you want to hand over
registration to a small number of large companies who may or may
not have anything previously to do with DNS ?

It looks to me like you're saying "windfall is bad. Unless it's
ours, then it's ok".

Good lord, you had the man who can write chesks against that
account on your committee, and it looks to me like it would fund
domain regsitrations for two centuries. We'll still have to PAY
for domain names, and by all acounts, MORE.

This, in a word, stinks, Dave.

Shame.

--
  "You can tell the Internet pioneers, because they're the ones with the
   bullet holes in their feet."  - BKR