Re: Shutdown of lists on May 30th at 12:01 AM

  • From: Karl Denninger
  • Date: Thu May 29 16:51:40 1997

On Thu, May 29, 1997 at 08:03:18PM +0000, Ron Kimball wrote:

> >> And uDNS is(!) the continuation of eDNS, as Karl resigned and removed
> >> his name from the charter...
>
> > No its not.
> >
> >uDNS does not embody nor support the eDNS charter.  It therefore is an
> >entirely different animal, albiet composed of people who (some would argue)
> >never did uphold the document they signed anyway.
>
> We are eDNS minus those who resigned (only you, so far?).  We are
> discussing whether we want to continue evolving the charter and
> establishing written operational policies, or to break with the whole
> thing and start from a different premise.  As you are shutting down the
> eDNS discussion lists tonight, we have established replacements (Folks,
> email me for details).  We are also in the process of replacing those
> other resources that you are leaving with...
>
> Take care,
> Ron Kimball for the uDNS council

This is simply not true.  You have posted a set of operational rules,
currently under discussion, which bear as much resemblance to the charter as
a Dog does to a Cat (they're both animals, but that's about it).

Further, see my announcement posted just now.  The *ENTIRE* set of root
servers which made eDNS possible has resigned and will be forming a new
coalition at 12:01 AM tomorrow.

As such I'd say that the charter is dead and gone, as the people who had to
be there to implement it no longer are.

Karl Denninger ([email protected])| MCSNet - The Finest Internet Connectivity
http://www.mcs.net/~karl     | T1's from $600 monthly to FULL DS-3 Service
			     | 99 Analog numbers, 77 ISDN, http://www.mcs.net/
Voice: [+1 312 803-MCS1 x219]| NOW Serving 56kbps DIGITAL on our analog lines!
Fax:   [+1 312 803-4929]     | 2 FULL DS-3 Internet links; 400Mbps B/W Internal