Re: Current known TLDs

  • From: Jordan Mendelson
  • Date: Wed May 28 19:52:38 1997

On Wed, 28 May 1997, Jim Fleming wrote:

> There are currently 344 known Top Level Domains supported
> by some or all of the Root Name Server Confederations. The
> list is shown below. The U.S. Government still does not
> recognize some of the following Top Level Domains. Also,
> some of the delegations of the following Top Level Domains
> appear to be in dispute. For example, Haiti (.HT) appears to
> have some disagreements.

By posting meaningless combinations of letters with no explanation as to
who owns each, any justification of why say, .AFRICA should even be in
existance, or number of domains under each of these, you provide whoever
is reading this mail with very little information anyway. So if you are
GOING to post this junk, at least post something useful.

I keep trying to figure out why you insist on sending these listings to
NANOG. I mean, I can understand some of debates on nameservice
going to NANOG, but this sort of thing is silly. Please, keep your
conquest for Internet root nameserver control on your own lists.

> 800 AD AE AFRICA AG AGN AI AIRLINE AL AM AN AO
> AQ AR ARPA ART ARTS ASIA AT ATTY AU AUDIO AUTO AW
> AZ BA BANK BB BE BF BG BH BI BIO BIOTECH BIZ

[lines of useless letters deleted]

Jordan

--
Jordan Mendelson     : www.wserv.com/~jordy/