Re: Murkowski anti-spam bill could be a problem for ISPs

  • From: Owen DeLong
  • Date: Tue May 27 16:48:43 1997

The definition of "real email address" is a vague thing indeed...  For
example, I have many "real email addresses".  I have many more addresses
I could legitimately claim are real addresses that are, in fact, routed
to /dev/null.  Why heck, the use of the <> construct could be considered
a real email address.  I realize the bill addresses this to a certain
extent, but not enough.

The other problem is that any spammer outside the US can fry any ISP inside
the US with this law.

Owen