Re: Root Name Server Confederations

  • From: Larry Vaden
  • Date: Thu May 22 13:58:47 1997
  • Posted-date: Thu, 22 May 1997 12:54:46 -0500 (CDT)

At 10:21 AM 5/22/97 -0700, Paul A Vixie wrote:
>I've been rimshot.  I'm choosing not to ignore it.  You should, though.
Hit D!

Can't do, Paul.  I run WinDoze95 [8-))

>Nothing I'm involved in is publically traded, but you
>are still entitled to look upon the nonprofit financial
>statements.  What they'll show is that the Internet
>Software Consortium spends 100% of its donations on
>engineering, with a 0% overhead rate.  What this year's
>finances will show is that Vixie Enterprises subsidizes
>Bob Halley's entire salary for BIND work since we have
>not received sufficient donations to pay for it other-
>wise.  (INN and DHCP will shortly be in the same boat.)

Please post the mailing address for ISC so that we can send ISC a check.
Also please indicate small, medium and large amounts, as I have no idea
what the effort is costing and how many contributors you have.

We run BIND, INN and soon DHCP.

Sincerely,

Larry Vaden, founder and CEO <[email protected]>  help-desk 903-813-4500
Internet Texoma, Inc. <http://www.texoma.net>       direct 903-870-0365
bringing the real Internet to rural Texomaland         fax 903-868-8551
Member ISP/C, TISPA and USIPA                        pager 903-867-6571