Re: What have you done for me lately?

  • From: Michael Dillon
  • Date: Wed May 21 01:25:48 1997

On Wed, 21 May 1997, Todd Graham Lewis wrote:

> - Where's the official Nanog "Reccommended Practices" archive,
>   encapsulating years of hard-won wisdom on the part of NANOs?

You and I have to sit down and talk about this in Tampa.

> Where are the mailing lists for these Nanog-sanctioned projects so I can
> spend my evenings helping out instead of flaming lusers like Hurst on
> Nanog?

Seeing as how you work for a network provider one might ask why you don't
just create such a list and announce it? ;-) Sign me up.

> Does anyone give a shit about training the next generation of network
> operators, or maybe increasing the clue factor of the present one?

Yes many people do care and are nibbling away at the problem. And if there
are any other people on the list that would be interested in sitting down
with Todd and I to discuss this at Tampa, raise your hands.

http://www.memra.com             -               E-mail: [email protected]

The bottom line is track record.  Not track tearing.  Not track derailing.
But pounding the damn dirt around the track with the rest of us worms.
       -- Randy Bush