What have you done for me lately?

  • From: Todd Graham Lewis
  • Date: Wed May 21 00:56:11 1997

For everyone bitching about the S/N on Nanog, I have a few questions:

- Where's the "Official Nanog IGPs for Dummies" book?

- How about the virtual-RADB-workshop software for Windows and Linux, so
  college students and waiters at cybercafe's can start practicing the
  registering of their route objects?

- "OpenIOS", the IOS clone for Unix that lets people practice router
  configuration and monitoring w/o shelling out $1k for a 2501?

- Where's the official Nanog "Reccommended Practices" archive,
  encapsulating years of hard-won wisdom on the part of NANOs?

Where are the mailing lists for these Nanog-sanctioned projects so I can
spend my evenings helping out instead of flaming lusers like Hurst on
Nanog?

Does anyone give a shit about training the next generation of network
operators, or maybe increasing the clue factor of the present one?  Or
does my flaming Fleming wannabe's on Nanog reflect the generally cynical
attitude among members towards Nanog in general?

--
Todd Graham Lewis