Better RED than Dead.

  • From: bmanning
  • Date: Tue May 20 18:31:39 1997
  • Posted-date: Tue, 20 May 1997 15:27:43 -0700 (PDT)

Lots of good press these days on the value of RED or W-RED.
What might be a useful benchmark to collect is the size of
queue length on border router interfaces (at both public and
private peering points) so that there might be some accurate
data on just how RED will affect behaviour of said gear.

Some estimates have RED capable hardware (other than the wonderful
work that Curtis has done) available for mere mortals in the next
couple of months.

As for me, I'm collecting interface queue lengths at LAP/MAE-LA
off the participating routers...

Any thoughts?

--
--bill