iSTAR Outage

  • From: Lyndon Nerenberg
  • Date: Fri May 16 12:10:38 1997

Anyone know the cause of iSTAR's network outage in western Canada
yesterday? Our ISP (who gets their connectivity through iSTAR)
didn't seem to know much about what was happening. The best I could
make out was that there was a problem with the link between Calgary
and Vancouver. I'm curious about two things:

1) Why didn't the traffic reroute over the Calgary-Toronto pipe, and
2) Can we expect to see more downtime this weekend?

Lyndon Nerenberg
Sr. Software Developer
Server Products