Re: UUNET Press Release on Peering

  • From: Deepak Jain
  • Date: Thu May 15 08:28:25 1997

> UUNET would only be interested in paying a farm that they owned!
>
>    INTERNET - CONTENT = TRANSPORT

Okay, I know someone else is going to do it, so I might as well:

How does your above equation make your point (assuming for a fact its
even accurate)

	INTERNET = TRANSPORT + CONTENT

	INTERNET - TRANSPORT = CONTENT

I guess it can equally prove that UUNet should pay for web farms. (this
is not an opinion statement, just algebra). If we wanted to get really
specific, there is another equation

		- INTERNET = TRANSPORT + CONSUMERS

therefore:	TRANSPORT + CONTENT = -(TRANSPORT + CONSUMERS)

			CONTENT = -CONSUMERS

What does that prove? Content has to go somewhere that is, the consumers.

-Deepak.