Re: NAP building

  • From: Neil J. McRae
  • Date: Fri May 09 04:39:15 1997

> In a previous message Neil J. McRae wrote:
> >
> > Make sure it isn't Telehouse though! Someone at Telehouse London pressed
> > the wrong button and took out the entire power to the south side of
> > the building, nearly ever ISP in the UK, and the LINX too, was knocked
> > out for around 45 minutes today.
>
> Sorry, only UK ISPs that are careless enough to route *all* their International
> connectivity thru Telehouse were "knocked out" - We, and various others ONLY
> lost connectivity to those customers with a single line to our equipment
> in Telehouse.
> UK->UK traffic (to those other ISPs that survived) just re-routed
> through Stockholm, Amsterdam, USA etc etc etc

OK Richard, All ISP's where affected then, the point is Telehouse is a disaster
zone and there is way too much UK [and European too] traffic passing through,
the bulding.

> Sorry, Telehouse has a *much* better power record than most places I know -
> some of the US mae's dont even have mains backup supply.

Well you are a nutcase for plugging into a MAE ;)

THe point is Telehouse claim this mondo wonderful power resiliance and its
just not true.

FYI: I was standing in the 1st floor ops room and watched everything go off,
YES THATS RIGHT! The management system that Telehouse use went off too!
so they didn't have a clue where the fault was! [eggs basket one springs to
mind].

Cheers,
Neil.
--
Neil J. McRae - Alive and Kicking.                            D O M I N O
[email protected]       NetBSD/sparc - 100% SpF (Solaris protection Factor)