Re: Coincidence...

  • From: Stan Barber
  • Date: Wed May 07 18:58:29 1997

Vadim wrote:
> Five years ago, the idea of a telco doing Internet was so ridiculous that
> my friends laughed at me.  Now, try to find telco which doesn't have an
> Internet service.

It's easy if you look at telephone cooperatives and other small telcos. In
any case, there are alot of things that looked ridiculous to the telcos
five years ago. Such things as selling customers dedicated DS-3s looked
ridiculous to many of them (even today, some telcos can't/won't do this).
xDSL and ISDN were (and still are) pretty funny to some telcos.

--
Stan   | Academ Consulting Services        |internet: [email protected]
Olan   | For more info on academ, see this |uucp: {mcsun|amdahl}!academ!sob